Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back to the red pen

A friend of mine so kindly noted that RWA national were only 6 months away. Did my heart falter, studder with the shock before I screamed in panic? Yes, yes I did. The fact of the matter is I was really hoping to be father along with my second manuscript. Alas, I am no father then I was in November. Aside from thinking about the darn thing, not much has been written. I keep getting pulled back to do revisions. To participate in this annoying thing called life and family and work outside of writing. It seems the revisions will never be over. As I look over each word, each sentence each unending paragraph for the tenth time I am annoyed with myself for finding errors. I don't mean to give the impression I am a perfectionist. That is not the case. In fact those who know me, know that is far from the truth. I have decided that despite that this will be round eleven, I will go at it again. Red pen in hand I will slash and cut, paste and copy till this beast has been hacked into some semblance of a better story.

Florina Craven

No comments:

Post a Comment