Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Search

I realized after spending hours writing my writing space needed a revamp. Actually, I had no real writing space. First, I started sitting in my comfy overstuffed chair, then I would move to the couch, then the kitchen table, then the dining room table. You can see this was a problem. We do have an office, what we did not have was a desk where my computer could nicely and my arms too. So I grabbed my entourage and headed to the local furniture stores to see what could be found. When I embarked upon this mission, I had no idea of the expense involved, so you can imagine I was floored by the cost of a nice desk. I searched on-line as well, but did not feel right about getting a desk I could not actually touch and sit at. As I shopped and tested out lots of varying models I realized two things. One, when brought into a nice furniture store children who are normally well behaved turn into a hoard of wild monkeys and two, what you end up loving always costs more than you had intended on spending. I rationalize this with the fact that I spend more hours at my desk than I do in my bed. I am excited to say I did find a nice desk that I absolutely love and already lots of work has gotten done. Next will be a new chair but more on that later.

Florina Craven

No comments:

Post a Comment